TopBand: Invisible Dog Fence RFI

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Invisible Dog Fence RFI
From: RobnPam@compuserve.com (Robert g. Flory)
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 17:39:50 -0500
RAA27813
Sender: owner-topband@contesting.com

Hello Topbanders,

Well, I am not worried about "Fido" anymore, and my noise remains a
mystery, but as long as my mystery noise stays below the band, no problem.

Thanks to all who replied.

For those who asked, one person replied that the Invisbile Fence brand
operates with a 58kHz square wave(could be nasty).  A few people had had
problems where RX antennas were very close.  One person replied that the
fence operated on 10kHz.  It would seem that interference from the fences
is more likely than interference to them.

Rob K2WI