TopBand: Pacific opening today

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Pacific opening today
From: dj7aa-wil@t-online.de (Wil DJ7AA)
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 20:38:48 +0100
Hello everybody,

this evening March the 6th. the Boys from ZL7 had a excellent opening into
central EU. I could hear them 10min befor my own sunset with a solid 559 and
the
first time in this 2 weeks on my 30 degrees beverage. The signal has again 2
very sharp peaks here, one just on sunset at 16.55 the other about 10 min later
at 17.12. The signal was fading out very fast after they passing the sunrise on
ZL7. I had make a excellent tape recording of this evening, about 25 minutes
with a real good copy.
Later around 18.30 I try to hear anything from the KH9 guys, but the same
procedure as every day, nothing. I scanning the band and also try a few CQs,
station like R0DJG from far northeastern Part of Russia come in with excellent
signals to, well over the northern path. I made this play until the sunrise in
KH9, about 19.09...

So I wonder, if anybody from Japan hear a wisper of KH9 around their sunrise??
The distance between Japan and KH9 is like Central EU into middle east, like
9K2. When prehaps Murthada is on his sunrise, we hear him well everytime over
the night.
May be, there are no condx from EU into this area, but I can't understand, that
the ZL7 and the KH9 have equal signal strange in USA, but here in EU we only
hear ZL7 so far, not even every day, but nearly...

I can remember 2 years back, AL7EL had a phantastic signal on 80m and worked a
real number of stations in central EU, but absolutly nothing this year, still
on
80 and 160.

A pitty of such condx...

We are the black whole for the pacific, hi...

73 and enjoy 160m

Wil