TopBand: S79MX

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: S79MX
From: K4ZW@staffnet.com (Ken Claerbout)
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 20:08:36 -0500
     For those looking, S79MX has been showing up most evenings between
22:00 - 22:30 with a very good signal.  I was fortunate enough to catch him
calling CQ this evening at 22:37 on 1830 kHz and avoided the European
pile-up.  He's also been showing up on 1827 KHz and 1831 KHz.  There
appears to be some real grayline enhancement on his signal.  Most evenings
his signal has been strongest at my sunset and he drops off considerably to
the point he's almost in the noise 20 minutes later.  As far as I know he
hasn't been spotted at his sunrise for those further west.

                                73
                                K4ZW