TopBand: 10/11 Jan. 3DA0CA 160 Activity

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 10/11 Jan. 3DA0CA 160 Activity
From: crb@nanoteq.com (Chris R. Burger)
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 09:59:34 +200
No dupe sheet this time.  I'll post it when it comes along again.

Chris R. Burger
ZS6EZ

>From Jon Rudy 3DA0CA:

Finally got the antenna up.  It is in better position than before.  The one
end on the gum tree in the ravine is up about 27 meters.  The apex is now
about 12 meters up and the other end is about 15 meters.  The takeoff is
great toward west and north west.  Within about 10 wavelengths the ground
drops off so that thw whole antenna is about 35 meters or more above average
terrain.  It also is flat SWR at 1827+ - 5 Khz so that is where you will
find me.

I had a relatively quiet night so listened in on  JA.  Heard JA1JRK at 2016z
very loud, 559, but never heard his QSX so didn't call.  Also heard a JH1 on
1910.5 at 1943z and a JA7 on 1911.45 at 1945.  Too bad there was a contest
or I might have worked a few.  Needed to get to bed before the JA sunrise.
I am sure I can work some of these louder JA's if they can hear me.
My mornings opening to the states (11 Jan) was ok.  I put 11 in log but 4 of
these were not complete.  Best QSO this day was with W7LR in Montana and he
had one of the loudest signal.  Due to the timing of responses and that fact
that I called these 4 loud stations and they didn't respond makes me agian
wonder if there was another station with QSX of 1832.5, what I was calling.

I will keep trying at sunrise.  When the contest is over would like to try
JA again.  I will QSX 1908 and be transmitting on 1827.5.

73 Jon 3DA0CA