TopBand: shortend bev antenna question ???

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: shortend bev antenna question ???
From: dz@VOA.GOV (Richard Zwirko)
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 19:13:24 -0500
Hmmmm...wonder what we should call the hybrid receive antenna being
considered by Bob, N1NY.  Lets see, 200 feet of Slinky with the rest
of the antenna being wire.  How about calling it a SLINKERAGE ?
Or maybe a BEVERINK ?

Time for Carl (KM1H) & Tom (W8JI) to lead the discussion.
In my small yard maybe I should work on a Slinky-EWE combo.  :-)

Guess the lack of sleep from the ARRL 160M Contest has gotten to my brain.
I found condx to Europe way down this year (67 sections) compared to last
years (94 sections), working only a handful on Topbanders on the Continent.
This year SOLP score was 850 Q's for 129,750 points.  What a difference a
day makes...after coming home from the PVRC Christmas party, signals from
Europe were strong enough to make a number of QRP (5W) QSOs early Tuesday UTC.
160 Meters...What a band!

73 de Rich - K1HTV
dz@voa.gov