TopBand: 160M First evening

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 160M First evening
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h @ juno.com)
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 14:23:39 EST
I was not in any serious operating mode last night but did spend some
play time between 0030 and 0500Z...with lots of breaks.
The signals were way down for  A=0 and K=0 condx so I was probably still
suffering from residual absorbtion up here. Anyway in a basic hunt and
peck the following were worked:

5V, PA, TK, EA6, EA8, G, GW, GM, OY, LA, OH, SM, SP, UA2, F, I, IT9, 9A,
S5, DL, LX, EW, UY, UA3, ON, SV, YL, OM, OK, OZ. EI  and a whole bunch of
Caribbean and Central America.

As usual a few of the multis were deaf and missing many callers. Also,
one 8 land station will probably set a record for stations logged but not
worked....at least he was usually heard giving reports while the DX was
calling CQ or working someone else.  A typical contest on Topband!

Sure hope something good shows up tonight.

GL   Carl   KM1H