TopBand: vk/europe 25/11

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: vk/europe 25/11
From: vk3ajj@techno.net.au (vk3ajj)
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 08:31:54 +1100
"Hello OM PG Richards.

I want to check if you was a "pirate" !
We had a qso yesterday on 160 m band. It was my first VK qso on 160m, and I
cant belive it!
My antenna is a full size dipol up only abt 15 meter. Rig FT 1000 MP and
pwr 500W.
I hope this wonderful DX qso is real and not a "pirate" using your
callsign. sm6XXX"

Received half a dozen emails similar to the above following the excellent
opening on the 25th. Worked approx 25 Europeans from 1840z through to 1910z.
Purpose of this email is to simply confirm that it was me and to reiterate
that   you don't need a big antenna or significant power to work into vk
from Europe. In other words it would be nice to see some more activity on
the band - getting up at 5am every morning is tough but it is worthwhile if
we can get a few new stations in the log. Regretfully no new countries
worked for me during this excellent opening. Where are all the LZ, EA, CT,
YU AND YO on topband - still need these relatively easy ones.

Finally, have not been up for the N America path too often since shifting
to summer time. It is simply too late for me to stay up when I am trying to
struggle out of bed at 5am.

Will of course be qrv for CQWW and hope to work some new ones.

73 to all

Paul (vk3ajj)