TopBand: Inverted L

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Inverted L
From: michon@eatel.net (Mike Michon)
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 06:45:08 -0600
Dear Antenna Experimenters,

My inverted L is 90 feet horizontal, and 75 feet vertical.  Tha autek
analyzer says it is resonant at 1.6 mhz.  I have 12 verticals of varying
length, from 75-130 feet as well as two barn roofs tied in.  Can I cut the
antenna to make it resonant on 160?  If not, what kind of matching network
should I start with?

I remember reading a series of articles in CQ magazine from the 60's and
there was a different network depending on whether the vertical was les
than 1/4 wave, 1/4 to half, half to 5/8.  Of course, this isn't a vertical,
but do I need a coil, series capacitor, L, or do I just need to start and
try different things.

The 4-1000 amplifier is almost finished and I don't have a tuner sufficient
in size for it, so the amp will be looking for a load soon.

Thanks

Mike Michon
AB5XP
44033 Hwy. 42