TopBand: OK, so when does Topband turn on in the OOBH?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: OK, so when does Topband turn on in the OOBH?
From: CRICHTON_MELVIN_J@LILLY.COM (Melvin J Crichton)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 08:40:06 -0500
It's really fun to see all the success from the west coast for once. Congrats
guys... you've waited a long time!

And even some action in the  Original Black Hole.... maybe it's not a black
hole, anymore

And it's routine to see east coasters running Europeans on TopBand... keep up
the good work, fellas.

But what happened to the reports from the Other Original Black Hole? Aside
from some VK, ZK1XXP, the HR3 guys,  and K7K I've worked dang little this
season from Indiana.... even spent two hours on the roof yesterday checking
the dipole.... and added remote switching for the ewes and beverages, which
worked last year on 160 in October,  seem to work just fine on 80 meters  now,
but nary a peep on 160 last 2 weeks.

Nebraska and Indiana are OVER 500 miles apart... some parts of NE are almost
1000 miles from here... so openings to Nebraska may not mean squat here (and
K0HA is  ALWAYS LOUD here in Indy... nice signal)

Who else in 9-land (or maybe Ohio, which is almost East Coast from here) has
had a good 160 season so far? Even Michigan gets in on the action when we are
shut out.

Mel KJ9C

(Carl says my slnkies are on the way, then I won't need a ewe for Europe...
hope that helps)