TopBand: FH/DJ2BW on 160?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: FH/DJ2BW on 160?
From: DVoss@t-online.de (Dieter Voss)
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 17:57:34 -0700
Ralph McClintock W1ZK wrote:

> Jeffrey Maass wrote:
> >
> > What's the story with this station? I've seen only one spot on 160 (VE1ZZ
> > reported him 11 October at 0100Z on 1.830: I couldn't hear him), and
> > precious few on other bands so far.
> >
> > They are to be there until the 22nd: is Topband a priority for them?
> > Jeff,
>  Last night on 40 he kept saying LATER to questions about 160. I assumed
> he ment later in the night but guess he ment later in the DXpedition. And
> yes, I know what assume means. Sure wish Rudi, DK7PE would hit the
> DXpedition trail again.
>                                   73's, Ralph W1ZK,  Vermont

Hi Topbanders,
well now the discussion starts again from the US I noticed last year
while/after we were in D6. Please understand that it is a long and not easy
way from this part of the world to the US. (For the rest (VK9W,K7K,) see
ON4UNs msg; I agree with John!).
Hermann is down there with his XYL only. He is working with 100W and a 20m
long GP standing at the beach. The main reason for this trip was to activate
FH on Topband for the first time and having a good time with his XYL !
Don't forget allways before starting this sort of discussion that it is his
party cause it is his time; money; health ..( I remember FH/DF2SS who was
in Mayotte some months ago and lying in hospital for a week there)
I whish you all real topbanders in the US good luck and going to pass the
best times noticed by Bill, W4ZV, to Hermann.

73s Dieter, DL3KDV

* Dieter Voss,DL3KDV, DX-Editor CQ-DL, German Amateur Radio Magazine*
* E-Mail: DVoss@T-Online.de  ;  DL3KDV@DISTEL.robin.de              *
* Member of RRDXA :     http://www.qsl.net/rrdxa/                   *
* the next trip   : 5A  http://www.afthd.th-darmstadt.de/5a1a/      *

 -