TopBand: Uni-Hat

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Uni-Hat
From: billh@restless.com" <billh@restless.com (William H. Hein)
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 15:20:34 -0700
I recently purchased a Uni-Hat vertical for 160m/80m use at my Tuna
Canyon house (near Topanga and Malibu, with a great salt water view
from 180 to 250 degrees azimuth from about 500 meters above sea
level--absolutely useless QTH for other directions).  I will try to
get this antenna working this weekend--I'm tried of reading about all
the new TopBand countries I'm missing (have KH7K already, could have
used North Cook Is.)!

I would like to hear from anyone--pro or con--regarding their
experience with the Uni-Hat antenna on 160m.   I would also like
recommendations on the number and length of radials to spread out
(the antenna itself is only about 40 feet tall--does this mean my
radials need not be longer than 40 feet?)

Bill AA6TT

PS:  Anyone who knows the DX PacketCluster 2m frequencies in Los
Angeles, please send me a direct e-mail message.  Thanks.

-----
William Hein, Restless Records, a Regency Enterprises company
1616 Vista Del Mar Avenue, Hollywood CA 90028-6420 USA
fon (213) 957-4357 x231  fax (213) 957-4355  mobile (213) 305-7157
http:\\www.restless.com
 -
 ---