TopBand: Slinkys Available Again

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Slinkys Available Again
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h @ juno.com)
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 1997 13:30:43 EDT
Several have asked me about finding the Slinky. I will repeat my offer of
last season and make them available since many are unable to find them in
the stores.

My own recommendation is to use 5 stretched out over 150 to 175' or so.
BUT so little is "really known" about their characteristics I urge
experimentation and hopefully some one with test equipment would write a
report.

The price will be $ 2.35 each and I would appreciate orders with a
minimum of 5 qty. Shipping via UPS will be extra and depend upon quantity
and zone. These are the large original size ( 3" diameter), not the Jr.
version.

Since I have to purchase these in bulk I will need orders for at least 40
before I will go ahead. Obviously, this is not a profit generating offer
but I shipped over 200 last winter and reports were almost universally
favorable.
For us in the "rust belt" this is the time to consider antenna work. By
the time the procrastinators get around to the actual physical labor the
snow will be here.

73....Carl   KM1H