TopBand: RE: Ewe Antennas

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: RE: Ewe Antennas
From: k4uj@mindspring.com (Paul Pescitelli)
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 08:58:02 -0400
Stan,

I have used the EWE antenna for 2 years now. While it is NOT as good as a
500+ foot beverage it will help you work stuff you normally can't hear. I
have worked several countries because of using the EWE.  As with any
receiving antenna keep them away from your transmitting antenna. I use the
simple ground rod scheme for mine and have built a switch box out of relays
that will let me choose one of several directions on one coax.

If you have the space for the beverage, put it up. Otherwise build an EWE
or TWO.

73 - Paul K4UJ