TopBand: Subands on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Subands on 160
From: michon@eatel.net (Mike Michon)
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 07:16:13 -0500

----------
To: <topband@contesting.com>
> Date: Friday, May 23, 1997 6:21 AM
>
> I hate to take up bandwidth but this question has been bothering me
>
> for some time now.   That is:
>
> Why is it that the EAST COAST operators and stations seem to be the
>
> only operators and area that does not want to support the much needed
>
> subdivision of 160 into cw only and ssb only areas?

Dennis,

I am in Prairieville, LA and am not a big contester.  I think 160 meters is
an historical band, and people have a bit of nostalgia about it, I know I
do.  Also, it appears that if the regulation craze continues, the only
thing we will have left not regulated is our bowel movements.

Mike Michon  AB5XP