TopBand: New JA Frequencies on 160?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: New JA Frequencies on 160?
From: btippett@CTC.Net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 1997 12:53:19 -0500 (EST)
        Do any of our JA friends or others know the specific details
about JA frequency assignments on 160 in the future?  This would help
us greatly as we are examining alternatives for potential changes in
USA assignments.  What frequencies will be available to JA's and for
which classes of operators?  Will the 1907.5-1912.5 window be eliminated
in favor of an allocation lower in the band?  Will the 1.9 MHz window
continue in addition to frequencies lower in the band?  Will SSB be
permitted and on which frequencies?

        If anyone knows details, dates effective, etc. please respond
to me directly.

                                        Domo Arigato!

                                        Bill  W4ZV