TopBand: 160 open to the Black Hole

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 160 open to the Black Hole
From: CRICHTON_MELVIN_J@LILLY.COM (MEL)
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 1997 12:35:22 +0000 (GMT)
REPORT FROM CENTRAL INDIANA (Wednesday am 4/2)

I usually stay quiet, but with the recent postings about 160 being dead,
I have to speak up. Usually we in the midwest's Black Hole have no idea
what the rest of you are talking about when you give "morning after"
reports. Rarely can we hear the stations that are spotted on the cluster
by east coasters and south coasters. QRN, QRM, line noise, etc ....

With the talk of solar flares and poor conditions the last few days, and
with very few spots on the cluster, I managed to work a PY and an IV on
160 with fairly good copy in the last two evenings...  also three DL's in
a row. Not great results, but certainly not a dead band.

Maybe rotten conditions for everybody else spell good luck from the Hole?

Mel KJ9C