TopBand: Southern Africa last night

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Southern Africa last night
From: crb@nanoteq.co.za (Chris R. Burger)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 12:30:33 +200
Nil at ZS8IR; he could only hear the V5.  He will probably be on 1821
and listed DOWN 2 in future.

I had a bad night (still continuous thunderstorms).  Sunrise was
better, with around two dozen stations logged.  Very little in Europe.

The V5 boys seem to be having lots of fun.  When I spoke to George
this morning, he indicated that they'd made something like 500 QSOs
on 160.  The best night produced around 275 contacts.  Exact
statistics are not available, as they're using a combination of paper
and computer logging.  They are using the inverted V off the
lighthouse, and now also have a Beverage (I assume it's towards the
US).  They've worked a number of JA stations, too.

They are now aware of the conflict with the 9X, and will try to avoid
spilling the pileup onto Marc's frequency.

Chris R. Burger
ZS6EZ