TopBand: Gentleman's band

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Gentleman's band
From: tree@lady.axian.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 06:52:25 -0800 (PST)
ZS6EZ/K8MFO write:

> Here's an excerpt from a letter I had from K8MFO today.  If you don't
> grasp the concept of the Gentleman's Band, read this and think about
> it.
>
> > Did I work the real ZS8IR today?  If it was the real McCoy, I
> > will stay away and not make a dupe.  If I worked the brother of
> > same clown that was recently signing XV7SW (when it was daylight
> > here!) then I am going to go back in the fray!
>
> > Listened to you last night on Top Band knocking off the entire
> > country.  Was tempted to say hello, but heard the West Coast
> > calling, and I know they were desperate!

This also points out the value of the internet and this reflector.
We can all say hello here (or on packet) and leave the QSOs for
those who need them for new countries/zones.

Not much to report from last light - G3SED was filling in for G4VFU
by being the only European making it to Oregon.  The VP8 was easy
for the west coast (people running 100 watts were making it).

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com