TopBand: lost mail

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: lost mail
From: jmata@nil.fut.es (EA3VY JOSE MATA GARRIGA)
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 09:47:46 -0600
At 19:15 22/12/96 EST, you wrote:
>I had a WINdoze crash yesterday and seem to have lost some incoming mail
>as well as outgoing replies. Please resend and sorry for the
>inconvenience.........Carl

Carl case remind me the old problem: How to manage a good policy of copies
of our software.=20
20 years ago it was no difficult but programs and files grew and WIN95,  I
suppose is the Carl,s problem, has still complicated the things. After a
longtime frustrating experience with tape drives and similar devices it
became me clear that hard drive to hard drive is one good solution today.
Motherboards Plug and Play and the low cost of the IDE drives helped me in
that way. I eliminated the tape drive and placed another IDE. Both hard
drives , of 3 1/2"
size were placed in extractable boxes. Now in a WIN95 context, with plenty
of long file names, hidden files and so one I can do an exact copy of the
installation at a 10 minutes per Gb time.
I understand that the Reflector is not the place to discuss the details. If
anybody is interested please contact me directly and I will try to share
with him my experiences.
Jos=E9 EA3VY