TopBand: Beverage Question

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Beverage Question
From: wc7m@vcn.com (Jay E Ostrem)
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 01:16:46 -0700
I have two 450ft(approximate)beverages that I switch through a relay to a
Beverage Box.  Neither are terminated. They work great as Bi-directional
antennas on both 160 and 80.

I don't like to horse with anything that works (if it ain't broke, don't fix
it) , but I have a theoretical question.

I understand that the beverage is a non resonant antenna, but does that
concept change if it's not terminated.  I understand that 580ft(or there
abouts) is a desirable length for both bands.

If I put an inductance in the antenna that simulated 580ft, would I gain
anything?

Put on your thinking caps!
                            73

                            Jay WC7M in Gillette, Wyoming