TopBand: Fw: W7MB, GEORGE WISE SK

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Fw: W7MB, GEORGE WISE SK
From: ai7b@teleport.com (Bob Wruble)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 10:20:07 -0800
Excuse the bandwidth but I thot that as many as possible shud know of
George's
passing.  W7MB was an Icon in Amateur Radio.  George's first love was
chasing
DX.  He sat on top of the Honor Roll for decades.  He achieved the
1st 5BDXCC
and 160M DXCC awards in W7 land.

He was not a serious contester but he could a always be counted on
for a Q.
George did all of this from a postage stamp size lot in an older
suburban area
of Pdx.

Most importantly tho, George was a friend and a mentor to many of
us beginners.  George, you will be missed but never forgotten!!!!!!

73 OT, de W7GG    ex Ai7b
----------

To: <topband@contesting.com>
> Date: Wednesday, December 11, 1996 12:03 AM
>
> Fellow WVDXers,
>
> As many of you may have heard, our Charter Club Member, and #1
7-land DXer,
> George Wise, W7MB, became a Silent Key today.  George's wisdom,
enthusiasm,
> and love of ham radio and the Willamette Valley DX Club will be
missed, but
> will remain a source of strength and inspiration to us all.
>
> A memorial service for George will be held at 2pm, Saturday,
December 14 at