TopBand: Crossing Beverages?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Crossing Beverages?
From: n0dh@comtch.iea.com (Dave / N7EX)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 10:21:31 -0800
Mike Bragassa, K5UO wrote:

> 1. Does anyone have any experience crossing beverages at right angles as I
> have described?

I have two 2 wire (reversable) Beverage systems. One NE/SW and the
second NW/SE. Both are about 600' long and cross each other at right
angles approximately at their midpoints. They are spaced about a foot
apart at the crossing point.

> 2. If one of the Beverages was already in use prior to the second one: Did
> adding the second degrade the initial Beverage?

The NW/SE went up approximately one month before the NE/SW. I saw no
change in performance with the second beverage. Note: The nataure of my
homebrew coax remote coax switch is that it grounds all the antennas
which are not in use which may help in possible interaction. I have not
actually tested this theory however.

> 3. What does theory (Misek / Devoldere) have to say about this situation?
> Does being at right angles cause no effects?

B.T.S.O.M

> 4. Additional comments welcome.

DO IT!

N7EX