TopBand: When the contest is over

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: When the contest is over
From: midnight@accessnv.com (Robert A. Kile)
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 1996 09:39:35 -0800
Bob NW6N makes a very valid point. From one who has been there and done
that I can honestly say he is 100% correct. It is easy to suffer from
forms of compulsive disorders when participating contests of any type
in Amateur Radio. 160 meters very specifically seems to attract a high
percentage because it very nicely fits "the working schedual" of its
participants.

Take the time to enjoy and participate with the significant other and
family during the season. There is life outside of operating....This
will help insure the antennas will stay up and have long term finacial
benefits in the future.

I enjoyed working many of you with my modest 100W and Townhome antenna.
Truely facinated by listening to JH1RES at midnight local pounding in on
westcoast.

73

Bob KG7D