TopBand: 160 Test Night #1

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 160 Test Night #1
From: k0ha@navix.net (Bill Hohnstein)
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 1996 10:43:35 -0600
  Conditions were fairly good to Europe from Nebraska on the first
night of the contest.  I got home from work at 0030z--things seemed
better early.  Particularly good signals from OT6T, TK5NN, G3SED,
and GW6J.  UA2FF had a reasonable signal over a more difficult path.
  Had a very good opening to Japan this morning.  Sunrise here was
at 1337z.  Copied JH5FXP until after 1445z.  And heard JA7NI until
1525z.  While we had a presunrise QSO, I tried calling him again
from 1515 - 1525z.  No luck...  Also copied VR2AX almost an hour
after sunrise.
  Hope to see what sunset set is like today...

73,  Bill     K0HA