TopBand: XZ1N good signal, dirty ears

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: XZ1N good signal, dirty ears
From: n0dh@comtch.iea.com (Dave / N7EX)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 08:49:11 -0800
Well, much to the frustartion of many many west coast topbanders, XZ1N
showed on 1825.5 this morning and called CQ USA UP 2 in our faces for
almost 2 hours while woking almost no one. He had a very good signal
here in washington clear up until 10 min before our sunrise (1500Z) at
which point he faded out. In fact he was so good he was Q5 copy on both
my transmitting antennas (2 Inv L's in-phase and a Low inv V) which is
good because all my beverages were wiped out tuesday by an ice storm.
They definitely could use a better QTH or receiving setup as they were
solid here for almost 2 hours.....very frustrating ....(its only a hobby
...its only a hobby...its only a hobby..I think)

C21BH showed on 80 this morning hopefully they will be on 160 tomorrow.
--
Dave Henderson
N7EX ( EX....N0DH that is!)

"The bad news....Life is hard"
"The good news...Life is short"
"The Moral...Eat Dessert first, chase DX and Contest often"