TopBand: ZS8IR

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: ZS8IR
From: crb@nanoteq.co.za (Chris R. Burger)
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 22:27:42 +200
Chris has had a hard time with the wind lately.  The Rhombics have
blown down several times this week, and suitable antenna weather has
not been forthcoming.

I spoke to him today, and he is suitably determined to have the
Battle Creek Special up and running for the CW contest next weekend.
I expect he'll be workable from late this week.  As reported earlier
by me and others, the BCS was snapped by a gale after Chris got it up
and running.

I'll be out of town for a few days on business, but will post a
schedule as soon as I have one.

In the mean time, I've virtually completed the second batch of
ZS8IR QSL cards (out of five).  I spent about 9 hours on it today.
Now if only I could find time to repair my antennas for the
contest...

Chris R. Burger
ZS6EZ