TopBand: SSB on TOPBAND

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: SSB on TOPBAND
From: btippett@CTC.Net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 07:33:14 -0500
KH2PZ/KH6 wrote:

>One way to start the ball rolling is to have the list members on here,
>being a very good cross-section of 160m devotees, decide upon a plan,
>then submit that plan (with our signatures affixed electronically) to the
>ARRL and IARU. There's a WRC meeting scheduled for sometime in the near
>future and we might possibly get such a plan on the agenda.

Excuse me guys, but this is a bad idea.  The only way to influence the FCC
or IARU is through the ARRL, and they have never demonstrated any interest
in sub-bands on 160 as Dennis indicated.  If either Jeff or Dennis still
want to step forward and pursue this, let it be know and all interested
parties can communicate with them DIRECTLY.  Let's not abuse this reflector
as an exercise in political frustration.

                                        Thanks!

                                        Bill  W4ZV, Topband Administrator