TopBand: YAESU FT1000MP

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: YAESU FT1000MP
From: john.devoldere@innet.be (John Devoldere)
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 1996 10:46:03 +0000
Klaus,

I have two MP's, and checked out what you explained. I cannot hear anything
wrong here. They are both absolutely clean.

Maybe there is a problem in your rig?

73

John

>YAESU FT-1000MP Spurious cont'd
>
> (S/N 5L030347 and S/N 5F010444)
>
> If you own a YAESU FT-1000MP, QSY to 1822KHz. Wait for the band to be open,
> use all the power you got and call CQ.
>
> Then monitor your 1822 and also 1828.2...
>
> Surprise, you got two pileups! One where you really are and the other on
> the frequency of your spurious signal. There is some signal strength
> difference between  both signals. However the spurious is loud enough to
> even attract DX or cause QRM to others.
>
> When transmitting somewhere between 1818 and about 1830 you find strong
> spurious signals in the range 1827 to 1834.
> Even if you do not get two pileups you easily interfere with other QSOs
> on 160. The unwanted signal is often loud enough to wipe out weak DX.
>
> This morning, when I received complaints from other EUs I started checking
> the rig. Indeed it is bad. Even worse, a second FT-1000MP from a neighbor
>ham
> shows exactly the same problems! It very much looks like an FT-1000MP design
> problem. Additional tests using two TS-930 verfied that other brands are
> clean.
>
> Perhaps meanwhile YAESU has found that spurious problem too and has come up
> with a fix? Else I must try and sell the rig to some 'Only HF-Band Ham' or
> dump it in the Rhine river.
>
> 73 , Klaus (DJ6RX@AOL.COM)
>

>--
>FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/topband.html
>Submissions:              topband@contesting.com
>Administrative requests:  topband-REQUEST@contesting.com

john.devoldere@innet.be
Call us in all major 1996 contests: ON4UN (OT6T in WPX)
John Devoldere (ON4UN-AA4OI)
POBOX 41
B-9000 Ghent (Belgium)