TopBand: How many radials..WHOOOAH

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: How many radials..WHOOOAH
From: kr4uj@mindspring.com (Paul Pescitelli)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 13:48:28 -0500
HOLD THAT THOUGHT!... Yes what you speak of is true. There are several
companies that offer a special "drip" system that adds saltwater to the soil
to improve conductivity. OK Sure it works and I have considered doing this
but you also must remember that if you spent hours/weeks/days installing a
proper radial system you now have accelerated the deterioration process.
You may be ok if you buried insulated radials (preferred method). Just something
to think about before you start salting your yard.

Paul KR4UJ