TopBand: Planting Radials ??

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Planting Radials ??
From: basalop@eskimo.com (Jim Berry)
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 1996 01:29:50 +7
To: <topband@contesting.com>
> Date:          Sat, 19 Oct 1996 18:38:35 -0400

> systems. As a related topic, I'm wondering what sort of 'ingenious
> contraptions' you may have used to put your radials into or on the ground.
>
> 73 de Mike / W8DN
> weightdn@bright.net

Hi Mike,

I used one of those gas powered edger things that is normally used to
run along the edge of a sidewalk to make little trenches in my yard.
Just went down far enough to make it thru the sod, but was deep
enough.   I tromped the wire and dirt back into place and in a few
weeks one would never know I filled the backyard with buried wire.

While I am typing away here, I made a square of common 3/4 inch
copper water pipe and elbows to go around the base of my "tower".
This gound point device I made was drilled full of little holes and I
soldered all my ground wiires to it.  I covered these solder points
with silicon bathtub sealer.  Idea of that was so the solder would
not corrode up.

73 Jim K7SLI

***
Jim Berry K7SLI. QTH: Marysville, Wa  (Near Seattle)
Email: basalop@eskimo.com  FAX: 360-659-1360
Ham Digital: K7SLI @ K7SLI.#NWWA.WA.USA.NA
***