TopBand: Planting Radials ??

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Planting Radials ??
From: tbarnett@lexmark.com (Tyler Barnett)
Date: 19 Oct 96 19:47:02 EDT
I just did a radial field myself, and here are 2 ideas from N4AR and ND4Y:

Cut some 3/16" dowel rod into 3-4" lengths.
Hang the spool of wire at the feedpoint, and start walking with the wire.
When you get to the planned end of the radial, stop and hammer the dowel into
the ground with the end of the wire under it.  This holds it firmly in the
ground
Once the radial is down, go back towards the feedpoint, and stop every so often
and stick a
bobby-pin into the ground over the wire.

This method really works, and the bobby pins and dowel rods really hold them
down.
There was a rasised eyebrows reaction at Walmart when I bought all the
bobby-pins they had.
I also put a couple pieces of medical tape on the tip of my index finger to
keep my finger from getting sore pushing them into the ground.

Tyler N4TY