TopBand: Inverted V antenna on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Inverted V antenna on 160
From: n4bp@shadow.net (Bob Patten)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 13:04:47 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 3 Oct 1996 N6DX@aol.com wrote:

> You are illustrating what I have been trying to say despite QRM.  That is,
> the best antenna for you is the best antenna.  It is vastly different for
> different objectives, locations, and band conditions.  The criticism is
> directed at the comfort level of a low dipole/inverted V or a short inverted
> L because since they work so well on the East coast, most DX stations
>  believe they don't need anything better for transmit.  From our perspective
> I wish all the DX stations used verticals with a good counterpoise.  Except
> for rare high angle conditions that is the only antenna that will work DX
> from here. 73
This probably isn't the best antenna I can manage, but was simple to set
up for a new comer to top band - last fall/winter was my first time I've
been on 160M in many years.  I'm much more interested in 10M, so
improvements in the 160M antenna situation take a back burner.
To equate to your QTH..  I've never worked a JA - or anything else west
of CA...  Probably could with a better antenna...
73,

Bob Patten, N4BP
n4bp@shadow.net