TopBand: ETO 87A

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: ETO 87A
From: dmcduff@gate.net (Douglas A. McDuff)
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996 10:10:46 -0400
Please excuse the bandwidth, but as my backup amp does not have 160m
coverage, this does have some minimal nexus to the reflector.

I have been off the air, due to my work schedule, since the IARU 'test
during which time the 87A performed without a hitch.  While attempting to
get back on the air last night, I have since gotten repeated soft fault #1's
(Receive PIN back bias voltage not at minimum required level with key down
and no RF drive).  Anyone have any thoughts as to how to cure this problem,
or am I likely facing a return to ETO for PIN replacement?

Please reply directly & thanks in advance.

73 de Doug / WB4MAI.