TopBand: Inverted-L question

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Inverted-L question
From: wb4iuy@ipass.net (Dave Hockaday)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 14:50:13 -0400 (EDT)
>Most of
>the radiation from an inverted L (or 130' vertical for that matter)
>occurs in the lower third (lower 45') of the antenna so an inverted L
>will have predominantly vertical polarization which is what you want
>for working DX.  Again, the ground system plays a critical role in its
>effectiveness.
>73,  Doug W2CRS

Hi Doug and the rest of the group. Would an inverted-L, installed with the
top of the L section at 100 ft, offer any significant improvement in low
angle radiation over an inverted V installed at 100'?

I currently have an inverted V installed as mentioned. If I installed an
inverted-L, I could space it 5' or so off the side of my 100' tower with PVC
pipe. BTW, the tower is guyed and doesn't have any insulators in the guy wires.

Thanks for the input.

73 es 160 at night,

Dave Hockaday WB4IUY
wb4iuy@ipass.net