TopBand: power line noise

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: power line noise
From: k5na@bga.com (Richard L. King)
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 1996 09:51:21 -0500
>Now my real question is: what do I do next? The co-op didn't seem interested
>at all with the info about the interference, etc. Have any of you worked
>through similar problems?

Yes, I have been through this before. Send the co-op a letter with the
information in it with a request that they fix the problem. If you don't
hear from them in a week, follow-up with a phone call to them. If you get
the same answers (Can't do it, maybe some day, etc), you write the FCC,
copying the co-op. In this letter you ask the FCC's help in getting the
problem resolved. Send along a copy of your previous letter to the co-op and
all the follow-up information you received from the co-op.

The letter to the FCC will really get them moving. But it is only fair that
you give the co-op a chance to fix it before you write that letter. This
approach worked for me about 20 years ago.

73, Richard
K5NA@BGA.COM
http://www.realtime.net/~k5na