[TenTec] Omni.D 546

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni.D 546
From: Andrew Alleyne <protech.solutions@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2024 21:25:19 -0400
Greetings,

Thanks all for your reply.

I will try to provide some additional information.  If transmitting on 7.188
the receiving station will have to go off my frequency up or down to copy me in
my natural voice.

Another example.  If the radio is on 14.300 it may drift to 14.300.1; 14.300.2;
14.299.9, 14.299.8 sometimes the drift is wider.  This happens even if the
radio is running all day.

If the radio is on 14.300 to clearly copy the transmitting station I will have
to enable the RX.OT and adjust the OFFSET.  While transmitting the display will
shift back and forth.

I was told that perhaps a component or components are loosing there value.
Will investigate the temperature compensation capacitor.

8P5AJ
Andrew
73