[TenTec] Jupiter problem - continuing saga

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter problem - continuing saga
From: "J.D. MacAulay, WQ8U via TenTec" <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 22:36:44 +0000 (UTC)
Feb 23rd WA8VSJ suggested I check the key socket and investigate the internal
keyer.  I have not gotten inside the case yet - limited time.
I did go to the menu.  The CW KEYER was turned to "OFF".  I switched it to
"Mode A"; still continued RF output.   I switched it to "Mode B", still
continued RF output.  Same results with the key plug inserted or removed.  I
returned the switch to "OFF".
Using the menu I switched the TRANSMITTER  from "ON" to 'OFF'.  The RF output
continued!!   I returned the switch to "ON".
Using the menu I switched the KEYING LOOP from "OFF" to "ON". The transmitting
stopped and the receiver was working as normal.  Put the key plug in; keying
had no effect.
Hopefully I'll have time this weekend to get the case off.
Thanks & 73

Mac WQ8U Hillsborough, NC