Re: [TenTec] Eagle IF output

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle IF output
From: dukeshifi <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2022 21:36:24 -0500
It’s not QUITE useless because one can indeed get a band spectrum using it.
However, the strong peak at 9.025 MHz is stronger than the band spectrum. It is
fixed in position so that frequency would be “invisible” on any SDR or other
device (such as my spectrum analyzer).

Still, I played with the Eagle for a while with my spectrum analyzer as a
readout and it was generally as useful as, say, a Kenwood SM-220 with BS-8
bandscope board. In fact, an SM-220, with its center point set to 9 MHz,  would
work rather well with this IF output on the Eagle, aside from the prominent
peak 25 KHz from the IF center point. Since that peak never moves, you can
account for it in routine use.

Gary

W0DVN

PS: I do not know why this peak is there!