Re: [TenTec] Meanwell SE-1500-15 and Tentec 420

To: ah7i@gatech.edu, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Meanwell SE-1500-15 and Tentec 420
From: Bob McGraw K4TAX <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 12:38:49 -0500
Bob;
My concern is that the supply may be noisy in as much the original application
was not an RF environment.  You may need to add CORCOM line filtering and add
large torroids on the DC output.  In many original instances the filters were
part of the mainframe and not in the supply.

If this is a linear supply the issue of noise or RFI is much less.  Still, some
filtering may be needed.

If it is a switch mode supply, I’d say you have a good “science project” with
regard to noise elimination.

Bob, K4TAX

Sent from my iPhone