[TenTec] 2nd argonaut 509

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] 2nd argonaut 509
From: w0ep <w0ep@w0ep.us>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2019 10:23:41 -0600
I brought home a box of Ten-Tec Argonauts and accessories
from the Jackson, MS hamfest.

I have the first one in reasonable working condition.
Now I am looking at the 2nd.
The first job was to rebuild the PTO.
Then I was having trouble getting any kind of signal through
it.  Eventually I clued in that I needed a plug in the accessory
socket on the back.  When it arrived here it had the external
CW filter attached.  But that doesn't work because of a broken wire!
So I used the accessory plug from the first Argonaut.

Still no signal, but I would get a bit of noise when I bumped
it around.  Long story short:  the transceive/receive slide switch
on the back was intermitent. I de-oxed it and that seems
to have helped.

I'm now getting signals!

Someone before me chipped the paint blob off of the preselector
"out" transformer adjustment control. I don't know why they would
do that except to fiddle with it.  So I will have some un-fiddling
to do.

But I have signals!