Re: [TenTec] Paragon 585

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon 585
From: Vic Klein via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 06:26:02 -0400
The original 585 Paragon manual is pretty much a service manual, too, with
detailed descriptions and layouts of the boards, schematics, and alignment
information. However, it is 161 pages long and mostly what you find online
is just the operating portion, the first 36 pages. I think your questions
about jumpers and boards can be mostly answered with the abbreviated part,
which you can download from the Ten Tec website along with the complete
manual for the 586, which board-wise is pretty much the same and may
suffice.

=Vic=

WA4THR

-----------------------------

Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com
<mailto:tentec%40contesting.com> >

[TenTec] Paragon 585

ROLAND HOWELL via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com
<mailto:tentec%40contesting.com> >

ROLAND HOWELL <snowy.howell@btinternet.com
<mailto:snowy.howell%40btinternet.com> >, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment
<tentec@contesting.com <mailto:tentec%40contesting.com> >

Thu, 20 Sep 2018 04:51:56 +0000 (UTC)

<mailto:tentec@contesting.com>

Good morning gentsI have subsequently identified the board 81340 as being
the

FM board, this has no connectors on points 'S' and 'T', should there
be?.There

is a spare space between the logic ( rom board) and the RS232 option board,

should there be anything in there?.Without a interconnection chart or indeed

service manual this is going to tax my grey cell ( singular) to resurrect
and

become a useful addition to my shack.as always any and all help/advice
greatly

appreciated73, Snowy G0HZE