Re: [TenTec] Argonaut VI

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argonaut VI
From: "rick@dj0ip.de" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 09:02:00 +0100
Yes, the Argo is a fine QRP radio.

I regret that I don't have one.
I "almost" got an Argo6.

2 years ago at the hamfest in Friedrichshafen we had one last Argo6 in stock
and on display on our booth. I said "if nobody buy it before the end of the
hamfest, I will."  On the 3rd day about one hour before the end of the hamfest,
an OM from HB0 bought it.  <<sniff>>

After that we placed more stock orders for Argo6, Eagle, 418, and OM7 but never
received any more radios from Ten-Tec again.

In the meantime, the Euro has taken a dive against the $$$, which has caused
everything imported for America to be about 25 to 30% more expensive than they
were before.  Keep in mind we were already 30 or 35% more expensive that the
stateside price, so that has really put a damper on our ability to sell US-made
equipment over here.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)