Re: [TenTec] ROCKER POWER SWITCH FOR PARAGON II AND 961 PS

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ROCKER POWER SWITCH FOR PARAGON II AND 961 PS
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 14:24:09 -0500
As a general practice and I believe most would agree, the power supply should come up first and then the radio second. I have experienced on more than one occasion some issues occurred when a "master switch" was employed to power up and down the entire station.

Some radios have a simple reset for the microprocessor and I have found these do not like a ramp up condition of power at the same time trying to load operating parameters. Same for storing data on power down. Yet more secure systems employee a PDI {power down imminent} circuit that does allow for power to go away and yet they still retain the ability to store the last used configuration thus no corruption data occurs

I still believe the frequent failure of switches alluded to something out of the norm that is taking place.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Brown" <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>