Re: [TenTec] ROCKER POWER SWITCH FOR PARAGON II AND 961 PS

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ROCKER POWER SWITCH FOR PARAGON II AND 961 PS
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 08:47:57 -1000
What is curious is this is rated : ---MECHANICAL LIFE 100K CYCLES ---ELECTRICAL LIFE 50K CYCLES I am lucky to get a small percentage of its rating.

Seems your experience is not typical, and I have no explanation for it.

A possible solution would be to plug your power supply in to a switched power outlet strip and leave the switch on the power supply ON all the time. No harm to the power supply doing it this way, as it is essentially the same as using the switch on the power supply. Not sure if the radio would like it. I wonder if it is important to not keep the radio ON while the power supply is switched on?

DE N6KB