Re: [TenTec] Orion II has ended production

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II has ended production
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 10:04:30 +0200
The biggest drawback on the Eagle (for me) is that many good contest logging
software packages still don't fully support it.
I think the problem is the USB (rather than serial) connection to the radio.

Over here we use Win-Test a lot.
And before you guys come with use N1MM etc., I would remind you that we have
a different set of contests here with different rules and most US software
packages don't include many of our contests.

AND, Win-Test is using Omni-Rig for its radio communications, which I
believe is written in the US anyway.

MAYBE SOMEONE AT TEN-TEC should look into this before they place too many
eggs in one basket.

73
Rick, DJ0IP