Re: [TenTec] Station power supply??

To: k9yc@arrl.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Station power supply??
From: Carl Moreschi <n4py2@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 08:16:01 -0400
Looking at my schematic for my Astron 35M, it shows the green wire ground on the AC connected to chassis ground. It also shows the V- side of 13.8 volts connected to chassis ground. The only issue is whether paint on the PS cover is insulating the cover. My supply shows zero ohms between V- and the cover and has never given me any trouble since I purchased it in 1991.

Now, our station ground is supposed to also connect to our home wiring ground. If this is so then V- and the green wire ground are common once we connect a radio to any power supply and ground the ground log on the radio to station ground.

So what's the issue?

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Dr.
Hays, NC 28635