Re: [TenTec] Omni C TX/RX drift

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni C TX/RX drift
From: "Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <Mike_N4NT@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 00:34:36 -0400
Tune around some carriers and see if you can hear a warble as you tune. The
main cause of trouble like you experience has always for me been gummy,
dried-up grease in the PTO. I have never needed a PTO rebuild kit, just
clean off the gummy grease with Dawn or some such and re-grease. I asked a
tech down at Ten-Tec what grease they used and was told, "just axle grease
we get down at the Co-op."

As I recall, there was a trick to get the PTO out of the Omni-C. I'll be
happy to send you the secret instructions if you like. Will also send you
the instructions for cleaning the PTO if I can find them. BE SURE before you
take the PTO out and unsolder the wires to make note of what wire goes to
which lug on the PTO.

73, Mike N4NT