Re: [TenTec] Model 1208 Transverter

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Model 1208 Transverter
From: "N4PY2" <n4py2@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 09:07:43 -0400
The 1209 converts 144 to 50 mhz.  You will enjoy the 1208.  I used one with
my Orion for a long time and it worked very well.  Yes, just keep the power
at 5 watts and all will work well.  Be very careful to never accidentally
put more then 20 watts into it.  If you do, you will blow a switching diode
in the radio.  I can tell you this from experience.  And it is very easy to
forget to reduce the power.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Drive
Hays, NC 28635