[TenTec] 2.041XL RF AGC in FSK

To: Tentec Contesting List <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 2.041XL RF AGC in FSK
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 21:39:49 -0600
I almost never use 'fone, being a CW type, so I didn;t find any of
the SSB related bugs. I use FSK more that SSB, and noticed tonight
that the RFAGC in FSK doesn't act like the RF AGC in any other mode.

It's as if the RF AGC settings in FSK are set and nothing I do
changes them. Even if I decrease the RF gain enough to cause the
S-meter to rise to S9 + 20, the meter continues to "wiggle," What's
more, it certainly does not fall off at the rate I've set.

UNLESS... I'm in the RX menu and actually fiddling with the settings.
Then, all acts as it should. But as soon as I exit the menu, it's as
if another AGC setting has been invoked. It doesn't matter of I've
set the AGC to slow, med, fast, prog, or off: all is the same.

Can someone else verify this?

Kim Elmore, N5OP