[TenTec] Some Omni-V bugs

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Some Omni-V bugs
From: Ralph Matheny <mathenyr@marietta.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 15:54:22 -0400 (EDT)
Getting the  old Omni ready for mobile QSO parties, and have a couple
bugs.  1)  Sometimes the display has missing segments.  Have cleaned
contacts between boards, metered pullup resistors, exercised driver chip
connections.  Clipped the "too long" interconnect pins years back.
2)Band select buttons getting flakey.  Several years back one of the TT
guys told me that replacing the little switches was not a job for the
faint of heart.  Has anybody delt with this problem and can   offer
advice?  I'm pretty good with "projects" but just curious about any others
who have "..traveled where no man has gone before..."

Comments on either of these problems/solutions?  Both are still within the
range of "I can live with it" but would be nice to fix.

Ralph Matheny
K8RYU
207 Gibbons Place
Marietta Ohio  45750